Tax Audit and ITR filing due date extension AY 2017-18 to 31-10-2017. Deadline for filing return of income and all audit reports extended in view of GST.
Order under Section 119 of the Income-tax Act, 1961 (‘Act’)
The Goods and Services Tax (‘GST’) has come into effect on 01.07.2017. In recent days, dates for filing various returns and forms under GST have been extended by the Government. In this backdrop, representations have been filed by various stakeholders requesting for extending the ‘due date’ for filing various reports of audit as well as tax-returns under the Income-tax Act from 30th September, 2017 so as to allow sufficient time to the assessees’ and tax professionals, and thus, facilitate their ease of compliance with statutory responsibilities under various fiscal laws.
Good News for those of EZTax.in Clients and other Tax Payers who have filed their Income Tax Returns, but haven’t linked their PAN, Aadhaar gets additional time to do so. It’s indeed a relief as considerable paractical, systematic issues drive the issues in linking.
Per earlier notification by the CBDT, Aadhaar was to be linked with PAN by 31st August, 2017. On Sep 01st 2017, CBDT announced that the New Date for linking Aadhaar with PAN has been extended till 31st December, 2017.
Follow simple 3 step procedure to link PAN, Aadhaar can be found @ Linking PAN Aadhaar
This deadline is not applicable for those who are not required to file their ITRs. For such, additional clarification to be giiven by CBDT.
Late Filing ?
In case you are required to file but haven’t filed before Aug 05th 2017, you still have time to file your returns as “Belated” return. File your ITR for FREE @ How to File a belated return for FREE?
For further queries, visit, chat, connect, call us @ eztax.in
Reduction of CGST rate on specified supplies related to
- Works Contract Services for Govt,
- Job works for textile & textile products,
- Services related to printing service of books, newspapers
- Transport of passengers by motor cab service providers to avail full ITC
more information @
Reverse charge mechanism under GST. Supply of Goods under RCM and description of nine supply of services covered under RCM-CBEC Paper.
Generally, the supplier of goods or services is liable to pay GST. However, in specified cases like imports and other notified supplies, the liability may be cast on the recipient under the reverse charge mechanism. Reverse charge means the liability to pay tax is on the recipient of supply of goods or services instead of the supplier of such goods or services in respect of notified categories of supply.
There are two type of reverse charge scenarios provided in law. First is dependent on the nature of supply and/or nature of supplier. This scenario is covered by section 9 (3) of the CGST/ SGST (UTGST) Act and section 5 (3) of the IGST Act. Second scenario is covered by section 9 (4) of the CGST/SGST (UTGST) Act and section 5 (4) of the IGST Act where taxable supplies by any unregistered person to a registered person is covered.
Supplies of goods under reverse charge mechanism:
- Cashew nuts, not shelled or peeled
- Bidi wrapper leaves (tendu)
- Tobacco leaves
- Supply of lottery
- Silk yarn
Supplies of services under reverse charge mechanism:
- GTA Services
- Legal Services by advocate
- Services supplied by an arbitral tribunal to a business entity
- Services provided by way of sponsorship to anybody corporate or partnership firm
- Services supplied by the Central Government, State Government, Union territory or local authority to a business entity.
- Services supplied by a director of a company or a body corporate to the said company or the body corporate
- Services supplied by an insurance agent to any person carrying on insurance business
- Services supplied by a recovery agent to a banking company or a financial institution or a non-banking financial company.
- Supply of services by an author, music composer, photographer, artist or the like by way of transfer or permitting the use or enjoyment of a copyright covered under section 13(1)(a) of the Copyright Act, 1957 relating to original literary, dramatic, musical or artistic works to a publisher, music company, producer or the like.
For Income Tax, TDS, GST, and other Tax needs, Chat, Call, Connect, Contact EZTax.in Today!
Thanks to those who eFile their taxes @ EZTax.in this Tax Season. For some reason, if you miss Income Tax Return (ITR) deadline this year, it’s not the end of the world. You can file your taxes using belated return type. Just login to EZTax.in to file in minutes.
Few simple questions may help you file your belated return with ease.
When is the Income Tax Filing (ITR) Deadline?
Typically, it’s Jul31st of every year, for AY 2017-18 it is Aug 5th, 2017
What if you miss the deadline for filing income tax returns?
No Worry, you can file your taxes using belated return type up to Mar 31st, 2018
What are different Return Types to choose while filing Income Tax Return (ITR)?
- Original: Income Tax Return to be filed for the first time on or before due date for the selected Assessment Year.
- Belated: Income Tax Return to be filed for the first time after due date
- Revised: Income Tax Return to be filed in response to a notice or a defective original return. Revised return can’t be filed in case of a belated return, which is filed for the same Assessment Year
Do you have to pay Penalty?
No. Good news is that the penalty for filing Income Tax Return after the due date is only applicable from AY 2018-19. The Government of India (GOI) Feb 2017 introduced a maximum late fee of Rs. 10,000 for delayed ITR filing by individuals.
What if there is an error in your ITR?
You can file a Revised Return for the Original before the end of the current assessment year i.e., before Mar 31st, 2018.
What about Aadhaar PAN Linking?
Deadline for linking Aadhaar, PAN cards, a must for filing ITR, is Aug 31st 2017. Without it your ITR won’t be accepted. There are few exceptions to this such as those who are senior Citizens (Age > 80 years) OR who are residing in the States of Assam, Jammu and Kashmir and Meghalaya OR a non-resident as per the Income-tax Act, 1961; OR not a citizen of India. Link Now
Call, Chat, Connect @ EZTax.in
Generally, most of the tax payers spend considerable time in preparing the taxes to make sure of accuracy, savings, and possibly to plan ahead for the next year taxes. While this is imperative to spend more time on Tax Portal, eFiling of your prepared taxes shouldn’t be taking long time.
While other portals in the market takes minutes to hours, EZTax.in Tax eFiling takes just few seconds to a minute and we send acknowledgement and confirmation of eFiling with in few seconds to a minute.
Compare ANY ERI Tax Portal #proud to #announce, #EZTax #eFiling is the#Fastest in #India. Another reason https://eztax.in/why-eztax
The last date for filing of ITR is being extended till 5th August 2017, by Income tax department of India
Introducing EZFilings.in, another jewel from MYD Labs , makers of EZTax.in, to make Company Registrations and ROC Compliance easier, faster, and Predictable, with an aim towards an outstanding Client Support that differentiate us from others.
As India taking the measures to make doing business in India is easier, we @ MYD Labs have see an opportunity to improve the Company Registration Services for the entrepreneurs in India and Abroad, who wish to start a business in India.
- Guidance from Experts
- Smart Company Search
- Customized Pricing
- Online, Self Service Model
- Dedicated Client Support Team
- Domain Search, TM Search
- Booster Services for Startups
- SEO Services are to name a few.
e-File your TDS statement for the Quarter ending 30th Jun 2017 on or before 31st July 2017. Visit eztax.in/tds and see how quickly you can generate FVU file?
Online Self Service Pricing per FVU generation is just Rs. 249/- lowest possible. In case you need our CA to file on behalf of you, please select Assisted TDS returns @ 949 / Quarter.
We see substantial raise in related inquiries during the 1st two weeks in Jul 2017, hence this post to advise Tax Payers in handling the IT Notices.
Most important thing when you get an IT notice is not to ignore it, as of today, pretty much everything is linked with Aadhaar, PAN, Bank Accounts, Digital Wallets, Mobile Numbers. Income Tax department is getting smarter day-by-day towards a sophisticated, well connected tax system.
Possible Common Reasons for getting an IT Notice
- Reminder to file tax returns
- Scrutiny at random
- Discrepancy in your income tax returns
- Errors in TDS Amount Deducted
- Ignoring income received from the previous employer
- Demanding a proof of documentation
- High Value Transactions not matching with Income declared
- Transferring the asset in the name of spouse or children
- High number of Gift Transactions
- Not depositing the full amount of tax assessed before the due date
- Income Tax Return not filed or filed after the due date
- Non-disclosure of assets
- Non-disclosure of Foreign Income
- Investments in the name of family members
How to get Help ?
When you received IT notice, first thing to do is not to be panic, Visit EZTax.in, Register if not already, select Tax Consultation, just take a photo of your IT Notice and upload, provide additional information if necessary, and pay to get Tax Help Online.
Additional information @ Tax Consultation from EZTax.in