The Government has decided to ease the process of filing GST Returns after considering the difficulties faced by trade and industry. To avoid last minute rush by taxpayers and technical difficulties with the GST portal, the Government has come up with these measures. The Finance Ministry has announced that now the GST taxpayers can file their GSTR 3B returns in a staggered manner.
As of now, the last date of filing GSTR 3B is 20th of every month. All the Taxpayers irrespective of turnover needs to file their GSTR 3B on or before 20th.
From now on
Taxpayers with annual turnover of Rs 5 crore and above in the previous financial year would be 20th of every month
Taxpayers with annual turnover of less than Rs 5 crore will be divided into 2 categories
- The Due Date is 22nd of every month for the taxpayers registered in Chhattisgarh, Madhya Pradesh, Gujarat, Daman and Diu, Dadra and Nagar Haveli, Maharashtra, Karnataka, Goa, Lakshadweep, Kerala, Tamil Nadu, Puducherry, Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Telangana and Andhra Pradesh
- The Due date is 24th of every month for the tax payers registered in Jammu and Kashmir, Ladakh, Himachal Pradesh, Punjab, Chandigarh, Uttarakhand, Haryana, Delhi, Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Sikkim, Arunachal Pradesh, Nagaland, Manipur, Mizoram, Tripura, Meghalaya, Assam, West Bengal, Jharkhand and Odisha
Division of Taxpayers
By staggering of due dates, the tax payers will be divided among different dates to reduce the technical and other procedural difficulties.
- 8 Lakh regular taxpayers will be file their GSTR 3B returns on or before 20th
- 49 lakh regular tax payers will file their GSTR 3B returns on or before 22nd
- 46 lakh regular tax payers will file their GSTR 3B returns on or before 24th