e-Way Bill is a mandatory process for every registered person who causes movement of goods of consignment value exceeding Rs. 50,000 in relation to supply; or reasons other than supply; or inward supply from unregistered person shall generate e-way bill. It
means, the consignor or consignee, as a registered person or a transporter of the goods can generate the e-way bill. The unregistered transporter can enroll on the common portal and generate the e-way bill for movement of goods for his clients.
High level Process is in 3 fold
- Register @ the e-Way Bill System
- Opt for SMS and/or web based e-Way bill delivery
- Start using the system for every qualified consignment
Registering by Taxpayers on the e-Way Bill System:
- The registration mechanism for the GST taxpayers for the e-Way Bill system is a simple process. One time GST taxpayer needs to register on this system. To do that the taxpayer needs to have the GSTIN issued under the GST system and mobile number registered with the GST system with him
- URL or Web site address http://ewaybill.nic.in
- On the e-Way Bill portal, a first time GSTIN can register by clicking on the ‘e-way bill Registration’ link. Then the user will be redirected to the ‘e-Way Bill Registration Form’.
- The user needs to enter his/her GSTIN number and shall click ‘Go’ to submit the request.
- In the above mentioned form, Applicant name, Trade name, Address and Mobile Number are auto populated. User needs to click on ‘Send OTP’ to get the OTP on the registered mobile. Once OTP is received on the registered mobile number, user needs to enter the OTP and verify the same in the system. After that he/she has to click on ‘verify OTP’ to verify the same and validate.
- Next, the user needs to provide his choice of User ID or username, which he/she plans to use to operate his account on this system. Username should be about 8 to 15 alphanumeric characters and can include special characters. A Unique user name should be given by the user, which is not there in the system. Once a request for registration is submitted, the system validates the entered values and pops up the appropriate message if there is any error. Otherwise the username with password is created and registered with e-Way Bill System.
Tips for Registration
- GSTIN number should be in hand.
- Registered mobile number should be with the user.
- The username should be of at least 8 characters with a combination of alphabets (A-Z/az), numerals (0-9) and special characters (@, #, $, %, &, *, ^) and can’t exceed more than 15 characters.
- The password should be of at least 8 characters.
- Keep your Username and Password securely
Enrolling by GST un-registered transporters:
- Who is un-registered in GST system, cannot register using the previous option. He/she needs to enrol on this system by providing his business details. After authenticating these details, the system generates the 15 characters of Transporter ID and user credentials for him. The enrolment form asks for his PAN details, business type, business place, Aadhar authentication.
- For enrolling, the un-registered transporter has to open the e-Way Bill portal and select the ‘Enrolment for Transporters’ option.
- The user has to select the State and enter his legal name as given in his PAN and PAN number. The system user gets it validated by on click of ‘Validate’ button. After that he will enter his business details and contact details. When the click ‘Send OTP’ is clicked, OTP is sent to his mobile. He can enter his choice of username and password
4. After that he has to give the consent to use Aadhar details and declaration of enrolment. Once he clicks the ‘Submit’ button, the system generates the 15 digits TRANS ID and shows him. This TRANS ID, he can provide to his clients to enter in the e-way bill so as to enable the transporter to enter the vehicle number for movements of goods.
Generating new e-Way Bill:
- Select the ‘Generate e-way bill’ sub-option under ‘e-waybill’ option, This option is used to generate the new e-Way Bill
- Before going for generating a new e-Way Bill, the user should have the Invoice/Bill/Challan document/details in his hand and user should know the, Transporter Id, through whom he/she is going to move the consignment or vehicle number through which the consignment is being moved.
- In the e-Way Bill entry form, first the user needs to select the type of transaction – outward or inward. The outward indicates, the user is supplying the goods and inward indicates the user is receiving the goods. Depending upon the type of transaction selected, the system will show the subtype of transactions. The user needs to select the sub-type accordingly.
- Now the user needs to select the type of document from the drop down menu as per the document in his hand. The user will enter the document number and select the date of document, as given in the document (invoice, bill or challan). The system will not allow user to enter the future date.
- For an outward type of transaction, in the ‘From’ section, name, GSTIN and address of the supplier is auto populated with the user details. If he has the additional places of business, he will be allowed to select the place. Here, in spite of auto update, the user is allowed to edit the address
- For an inward type of transaction, in the ‘From’ section, name, GSTIN and address need to be filled by the user. It can be auto populated if the user has entered the consignor details in ‘Master – Suppliers’ , The user can add the multiple suppliers when a user enters 2-3 characters of the consignor, the system allows the user to select the consignor name which he has entered in the suppliers masters.
- The system will allow him to enter the name, GSTIN and address details. If the supplier is un-registered for GST, then the user has to enter the GSTIN as URP, indicating that the supplier is ‘Unregistered Person’.
- For an inward type of transaction in the ‘TO’ section, the name, GSTIN and address of the recipient are auto populated with the user details. If he has the additional places of business, he will be allowed to select the place. Here, in spite of auto update, the user is allowed to edit the address.
- For an outward type of transaction in the ‘TO’ section, user needs to enter the name, GSTIN, and address of the consignee in the ‘TO’ section. The consignee details can be auto populated if the user has entered the consignee details in the ‘Master -Clients’ option.
- All the other fields like GSTIN, the address are auto filled and is also editable by the user. If the master has not been entered for the consignee, the user shall enter the complete details. Here, also the user has to enter the URP in GSTIN column, if the consignee is un-registered person.
- Now, the user needs to enter the ‘Item Details’. Product details can be auto populated if the user has entered the product details in ‘Masters Products’. All other fields under this section like description, HSN, Unit, Tax rate are auto filled from the master. The user needs to enter the quantity and taxable value of the product mentioned in the document. The user shall add multiple products by clicking on . Based on the taxable value and rate of tax, the system will calculate CGST, SGST, IGST and CESS amount. The user is allowed to edit this amount also. It may be noted that the system will show the CGST and SGST tax rate for intra-state movement and IGST tax rate for inter-state movement.
- Now, the user needs to select the mode of transportation – road, rail, air or ship and the approximate travelling distance between the selected suppliers (source) to recipient (destination). If the goods are being moved directly by the user himself, then he can enter the Vehicle Number without entering the transporter details.
- If a user is carrying out the transportation through a third party, then he /she will generate the e-way bill by entering the transporter id, transporter document number and date given by the transporter. The transporter ID can be auto populated, if the user has entered the transporters details in ‘Masters-Transporters’.
- If the transporter ID is entered, the generated E-Way Bill will be forwarded to the concerned transporter login account, allowing the transporter to enter the vehicle number while goods are getting moved. It may be noted that either transporter ID or Vehicle number is required to generate the e-Way Bill
- If a transporter is generating the e-Way Bill on behalf of the consignor/consignee, then the complete e-Way Bill entry form will be entered by him to generate the e-Way Bill. Here, the system allows him to enter both the consignor and consignee details without blocking any column.
Generating Bulk e-Way Bills:
- To generate a Bulk e-Way Bill, user needs to select the sub option ‘Generate Bulk’ under the option ‘e-Waybill’.
- For generating a Bulk e-Way Bill the user needs to have the EWB bulk convertor or the excel file, which helps the user to convert the multiple e-Way Bills excel file into a single JSON file.
- The user has to choose file and select the JSON to be uploaded. Once a JSON file is from the user’s system, the user needs to upload the same JSON file in the e-Way Bill portal and can use the file to generate bulk e-Way Bill.
- After processing the JSON file, the system generates the E-Way Bills and shows the EWB for each request. If it is not possible it will show the error for each request.
Generate the E-Way Bill Using SMS:
- This section explains how to use the SMS facility to generate the new E-Way Bill Number from the E-Way Bill system.
- Format of SMS request ==>EWBG TranType RecGSTIN DelPinCode InvNo InvDate TotalValue Vehicle HSNCode
Parameters for SMS message construction
- EWBG – E-WayBill Generate Key Word – It is fixed for generation
- TranType – Transaction Type – Refer to the Code list
- RecGSTIN – Recipient’s GSTIN. If it not there, then URP for ‘UnRegistered Person’
- DelPinCode – PIN Code of Place of Delivery of Goods
- InvNo – Invoice or Bill Number of the document of supplier of goods
- InvDate – Invoice or Bill Date of the document of supplier of goods
- TotalValue – Total Value of goods as per Invoice/Bill document in Rs.
- HSNCode – HSN Code of the first Commodity Vehicle – Vehicle Number in which the goods is being moved
Parameter Description with Codes
|1||EWBG||E-Way Bill Generate||Fixed|
|TranType||Type of the Transaction.||Codes for Transaction Types|
|OSUP – Outward Supply,|
|OEXP – Outward Export,|
|OJOB – Outward Job Work,|
|OSCD – Outward SKD/CKD,|
|ORNK – Outward Recipient Not|
|OFOU – Outward For Own Use,|
|OEOF – Outward Exhibitions &|
|OLNS – Outward Line Sales,|
|OOTH – Outward Others|
|ISUP – Inward Supply,|
|IIMP – Inward Import,|
|ISCD – Inward SKD/CKD,|
|IJWR – Inward Job Work Returns,|
|ISLR – Inward Sales Returns,|
|IEOF – Inward Exhibitions & Fairs ,|
|IOTH – Inward Others|
|RecGSTIN||Recipient’s GSTIN, as provided||15 digit GSTIN or URP|
|by GST or URP if he/she is|
|DelPinCode||PIN Code of the Place of||Fixed 6 digit|
|Delivery of the Goods as per|
|InvNo||Invoice or Bill Number of the||15 digit alphanumeric with|
|Document of the goods||allowed special char / –|
|InvDate||Invoice or Bill Date of the||Date in DD/MM/YYYY format|
|Document of the goods|
|TotalValue||Total Invoice / Bill Value of the||15 numeric value with 2 decimal|
|HSNCode||HSN Code of the Goods||Atleat 2 digit of HSN Code|
|Vehicle||Vehicle Number which will carry||AB12AB1234 or AB12A1234 or|
|the goods||AB121234 Format|
|Example #1||Message||EWBG OSUP 29DFGFK4137K1ZK 560012 546 10/09/2017|
|85000.00 1001 AP07EB9845|
|SMS to||97319 79899|
|Explanation||This request is to generate the E-Way Bill for outward|
|Supply of goods, with HSN 1001, to recipient with GSTIN|
|29DCPPK4137K1ZK, carrying Invoice/Bill No 546 dtd:|
|10/10/2017 of value Rs85000.00 to deliver at pin code|
|500012 through AP07EB9845|
|Reply Message||Eway bill generated successfully. E-Way Bill No:|
|191000000568 and date is 12/10/2017|
|Example #2||Message||EWBG OOTH URP 500072 A1895 16/10/2017 98000.00 1001|
|SMS to||97319 79899|
|Explanation||This request is to generate the E-Way Bill for export of|
|goods, with HSN 1001, to recipient with GSTIN URP|
|(UnRegistered Person), carrying Invoice/Bill No A1895 dtd:|
|16/10/2017 of value Rs 98000.00 to deliver at pin code|
|500072 through AP07EB9845|
|Reply Message||Eway bill generated successfully. E-Way Bill No:|
|191000000578 and date is 16/10/2017|
You must be logged in to post a comment.