We see substantial raise in
#IT #Tax #Notice related inquiries during the 1st two weeks in Jul 2017, hence this post to advise Tax Payers in handling the IT Notices.
Most important thing when you get an IT notice is not to ignore it, as of today, pretty much everything is linked with Aadhaar, PAN, Bank Accounts, Digital Wallets, Mobile Numbers. Income Tax department is getting smarter day-by-day towards a sophisticated, well connected tax system.
Possible Common Reasons for getting an IT Notice
- Reminder to file tax returns
- Scrutiny at random
- Discrepancy in your income tax returns
- Errors in TDS Amount Deducted
- Ignoring income received from the previous employer
- Demanding a proof of documentation
- High Value Transactions not matching with Income declared
- Transferring the asset in the name of spouse or children
- High number of Gift Transactions
- Not depositing the full amount of tax assessed before the due date
- Income Tax Return not filed or filed after the due date
- Non-disclosure of assets
- Non-disclosure of Foreign Income
- Investments in the name of family members
How to get Help ?
When you received IT notice, first thing to do is not to be panic, Visit EZTax.in, Register if not already, select Tax Consultation, just take a photo of your IT Notice and upload, provide additional information if necessary, and pay to get Tax Help Online.
Additional information @ Tax Consultation from EZTax.in
You must be logged in to post a comment.